“True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.” – David Tyson
- Reality – People who are real in their heart and in their words tell the hard truths. People who tell us the truth heedlessly of how painful it may be. They are prepared to risk their own harmony of mind to help us build ours. These are true friends.
- Genuineness – being themselves. People who are not true to himself or herself cannot be true to us for like attracts like or dislike attracts dislike in this universe. True friends do not mask their actions or intents – they say what they mean & mean what they say.
- Support – cultivating our growth. Our right friends will nourish us positively. They strengthen us by having a good time for our successes with us and help us overcome our trials by assisting us to see what they have been sent to teach us.
- Incentive Motivation – encouraging us to keep going. The times ‘we feel like abandoning’ are when our true friends turn out to be our biggest cheerleaders. They come to spur us on to triumph instead of allowing us to quit.
- Time – the highest gift of all. Friends, who are there for us when we need them, instead of showing up once a year to wish us something, are real friends. Time is the most treasured asset – observe those who are blissful to devote their time to you & count them as real friends.
True Friendship Liberates you!
True Friendship is a God’s gift to you. Cherish it as long as it lasts. A true friend is someone who lets you have total freedom to be yourself – and especially to feel. Or, not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at the moment is fine with them. That’s what real love amounts to – letting a person be what he really is.