Eid Al-Adha 2016: Considered one of the holiest festivals in Islam, the Eid al-Adha marks the end of Hajj – the annual pilgrimage undertaken by devout Muslims to Mecca in Saudi Arabia. This year, the festival was expected to fall on September 11 – which is the anniversary of the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon back 2001.
But, according to recent reports, the festival dates – which are dictated by the sighting of the moon and the lunar calendar – have fallen on September 12 and 13. Countries in the Western Hemisphere will celebrate it on Monday, while in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and other Asian countries, Tuesday has been fixed as the day for celebrating Greater Eid.
Top quotes and English messages for Eid al-Adha 2016
Eid al-Adha literally translates to ‘festival of the sacrifice’, referring to the story of Abraham, or Ibrahim as he’s also known, who was ready to sacrifice the life of his son at the command of Allah. God, after testing Abraham’s devotion, switched the object of sacrifice to a sheep instead of his son. This is the reason why this day is also called Bakra Eid.
- Eid-ul-Adha is an Eid of sacrifice; And commitment of Allah’s orders. May Allah bless us with the same in all circles of life! Eid Mubarak!
- Hope that you are guided by your faith in the Almighty and shine in his divine blessings. Wishing you a happy Eid.
- My wish for you on this Eid, May peace and joy embrace your life, And stay on this blessed day and always. Ameen! Eid Ul Aldha Mubarak!
- On Eid Ul Adha, wishing that your sacrifices are appreciated and your prayers are answered by the almighty. Have a blessed Eid Ul Adha!
- Eid Ul Adha Mubarak: It is not their meat nor their blood, that reaches Allah: It is your piety that reaches him: he has thus made them subject to you, that ye may glorify Allah for his guidance to you and proclaim the good news to all who do right.
Author's Latest Works
- 2018.09.03Education Essay TopicsChoosing Career Essay – Importance of Choosing The Right Career
- 2018.08.10Osho Sufi StoriesSufi Parable, Just Pious in Thoughts; in Deeds, Man Remains The Animal
- 2018.08.04InspirationTrue Friendship Quotes – 5 Signs of True Friendship
- 2018.07.01InspirationInspirational Story – God Knows What is Best for Us